BlueHippo Funding, LLC, a Maryland corporation, and Blue Hippo Capital, LLC, a Virginia Corporation, doing business as BlueHippo and Digital Boulevard
The State filed suit against several related businesses alleged to have made deceptive statements to lure low-income and credit-challenged consumers to use their financing services to purchase electronic items prior to having been provided full terms in violation of the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act. The businesses allegedly sold computers and other electronics to at least 4,500 Tennesseans at prices often up to three times higher than what consumers would pay at an electronics outlet.
Please Note: The deadline for consumers to file proofs of claim with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court was May 11, 2010.
FAQs and Proof of Claim Form
State Court Filings in BlueHippo
- Complaint of the State of Tennessee for Temporary and Permanent Injunction and Other Relief (October 23, 2008)
- State of Tennessee’s Motion for Temporary Injunction and Asset Freeze (October 23, 2008)
- Notice of Hearing (October 23, 2008)
- Response in Opposition to Plaintiff’s Motion for Temporary Injunction and Asset Freeze (January 5, 2009)
- Order Granting Statutory Temporary Injunction, Asset Freeze, and Other Equitable Relief Including Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law (February 4, 2009)
- Motion for Order Requiring Defendants to Show Cause Why They Are Not In Civil Contempt of Court (February 23, 2009)
- Memorandum of Law In Support of Motion for Order Requiring Defendants to Show Cause Why They Are Not In Civil Contempt of Court (February 23, 2009)
- Civil Contempt Motion (April 27, 2009)
- Civil Contempt Motion - Attachment A (April 27, 2009)
- Order Finding Defendants in Civil Contempt of Order Granting Statutory Temporary Injunction, Asset Freeze, and other Equitable Relief (May 18, 2009)
- State’s Motion for Show Cause for Failure to Comply with Court Order to Respond to Interrogatories and Produce Documents (October 2, 2009)
- Final Order Granting State’s Motion for Summary Judgment and Permanent Injunction (January 26, 2011)
Federal Court Filings in BlueHippo
This list includes only significant filings and is not intended to be a complete record of the matter.